Alphabay is back and here to stay. For those unaware of the legendary market that was by the FBI's own words "the largest, most successful marketplace to date". Previously a seized market is quickly growing to become one of the most stable and reliable Darknet Markets to exist in current times. When shopping with Alphabay market, you are provided with the most smooth and secure experience that is made possible with the Tor Network and Monero.
Alphabay Market supports Monero, an anonymous and encrypted crypto-currency that nobody, especially Government agencies, can trace. Other security features include, Anti-Phishing, Referrals/Affiliate System, Autodelete Inactive Conversations and more. For sending shipping addresses, Alphabay Market supports and enforces PGP encryption, a public key encryption alogrithm that is easy enough for anyone to use. Feel the freedom of the darknet without consequence with Alphabay!
Alphabay is a marketplace developed with vendors and customers in mind. Alphabay has taken into account many flaws we have seen with other marketplaces and developed a more secure and easy to use platform for our customers and vendors.
• First and most important. No funds are stored on the market server other than funds held in multisig. In the unlikely event we suffer a breach, user funds will untouched. This does mean all withdrawals are processed manually, but this is done multiple times every day by our team.
• AlphaGuard which protects wallets of both buyers and vendors in case of police raids on all servers by giving them opportunity to finish escrows, disputes and withdraw funds.
• Automated Dispute Resolver (ADR) system is a dispute resolution system. It is used between buyer and seller as they send propositions in case of disputes. For example replacement/reship, percentage refund, extending escrow and more all without a human moderator.
• Advanced Trust/Distrust System for buyers and vendors as well as review system for both as well.
• Default privacy for buyers makes all profiles private by default. When you make a purchase, only your purchase history will be shared to the vendor.
Developed from scratch and battle-tested for years AlphaGuard which ensures even if seizures happen on all servers, users will be able to withdraw their funds, settle disputes and leave without a cent lost. AlphaGuard and its systems can not be detected by LE to be taken down and even if they were, there are ‘sleeping cells’ which will make sure the core objectives of the program are fulfilled.
AlphaGuard is a very well tested system which ensures even if seizures happen on all servers, users will be able to withdraw their funds, settle disputes and leave without a cent lost. The system has been in development for 2 years with countless tests and has had a standalone testing period of 1 year+ where it ran on its own. AlphaGuard is quite advanced piece of code which can run even without having access to any servers provided by Administration. It has what we call ‘hive-mind’ which enables it to detect if there are few servers left to launch itself from which then kickstarts several programs which can either (1) purchase more servers on its own by accessing its very own cryptocurrency wallets and leveraging pre-funded accounts for bypassing captcha, or (2) automatically exploit random servers, websites, gain automatic privilage escalation and ultimately be able to fulfill its core programming objectives while preserving encrypted all information.
Let us take the theoretical scenario if any our systems detect an anomaly. Our systems will go into lockdown mode. Lockdown mode has to be disabled by administrators manually within 72 hours otherwise the systems launch the wallet recovery mode. Through different channels on the Internet will be posted the onion and/or i2p addresses of the withdraw pages. The withdraw pages are standalone and require 3 pieces of identification to allow withdraw of the funds: username, password, wallet recovery key. You CAN NOT do anything without having all 3 elements. After you have entered your information you will be granted with a field for your public or internal XMR address which you must fulfill. You CAN NOT choose to withdraw small pieces of your wallet, the wallet does not give that option or specify how much you want to withdraw. You WITHDRAW ALL FUNDS AT ONCE NO MATTER HOW BIG OR SMALL THE AMOUNT IS.
Several weeks after withdraw mode has been running (we are not specifying for security reasons but it is more than 2 and less than 8), the self-destruct mode will kick-in which will ERASE ALL DATABASES, FILES, SYSTEMS AUTOMATICALLY. Once completed that will be the end of it. No way to recover anything ever again, not for customers, not for us, not for Law Enforcement (LE).
We take our and the security of our customers as top priority and we will not allow any kind of attacks to be successful in penetrating our defense layers. We are prepared with automated and tested systems alongside 24/7/365 administration/security to respond and react to any type of breach or even anomaly in set of operations.
Changes and Features
• New built from the ground up secure code base for the marketplace. For security reasons we have created a new platform which has many visual similarities to the old one, however not a single line of code or code logic has been reused from the 2014-2017 period. The new platform is not based on any public scripts, it is 100% unique with best industry practices and security in mind when creating it.
• Bulletproof servers network and automatic server reconfiguration and deployment (after manual Administration approval) in a matter of minutes, based on the AlphaGuard system. Almost all of our servers are kept in locations with high amount of armed guards and multiple security protocols to pass through before accessing the server racks. We have CCTV access which can alert us of anything happening. Our hosting providers are proven bulletproof which means they will not respond to Law Enforcement requests – local or international.
• New Staff system to a granular system for access. AlphaBay will grow which means we will need to source more Staff. That comes with inherent risks and in order to minimise them we have developed a monitoring system of Staff actions, limiting access to profiles unless needed, permission-requested-permission-granted/denied with comments which have to be approved by higher ranked Staff members, even higher ranked Staff members have their actions logged. Administration reviews the logs on a daily basis to ensure no Staff is abusing their powers for their own benefit or otherwise.
• Our very own Automatic Dispute Resolver (ADR) system. Based on experience we have concluded that majority of the disputes can be handled without third-party involvement given the option. ADR is basically a proposition system between buyer and seller involving extending escrow time, full refund, percentage refund or replacement options. Both parties can accept or deny proposition(s) from the other side. We strongly recommend using ADR because it is exactly the same steps a moderator would take during a dispute without the need to babysit both parties. Even if you do not reach an agreement with the vendor, you would know where you stand or you would have tried certain options like reshipping/replacement of goods. The system has been designed to ensure quick resolution if needed by moderator by looking at what has already happened. If for some reason, at any given time ADR does not work for you and you can not reach an agreement or simply refuse to use it at all, there is always an available moderator to look into it in less than 24 hours.
• AlphaBay now accepts only Monero (XMR). We have moved away from Bitcoin because not only transactions are too transparent but also because users (buyers/vendor) do not obfuscate it enough either due to being incompetent or lazy. To eliminate this attack vector by LE and protect our users, we have decided to accept Monero only with the possiblity of adding other privacy coins in the future. To add an extra layer of defense we run our own internal Monero mixer to guarantee even if your transactions get uncovered they will never be linked to you.
• Advanced Trust/Distrust System - as per our we are back message, we explained on there that the Trust Level system has been completely redesigned. It is now much more robust and takes into account more things such as a buyer have you enabled PGP/2FA (plus), do you let everything autofinalize (minus), what feedback vendors have given to you. Vendors have a different scheme which defines their TLs however it is very comparable to the difficulty of the one for users. Vendors can set trust levels on their listings to make sure they are dealing with real customers who have proven themselves and have great feedback/comments.
• Dark/Light Theme - for all those who do not like the white light during the night vendors or customers, we have developed this specifically for you. Go into your account settings and you can change your settings from there.
• Default Profile Privacy for Buyers - we believe in privacy that is why we have decided to deny public profiles of buyers like other markets do and how we used to do it before. Vendors should have their options set to public to ensure they can be seen but for buyers this is not a requirement. When you make a purchase as a buyer, all of your available information such as how many orders you completed, how many were disputed, comments/feedback by other vendors whom you have purchased from etc. will all be available to the vendor. However it will be available only before the vendor decides to take your order, not after. In this way we protect the buyer information and statistics from prying eyes.
• Referrals/Affiliate System - refer your friends and earn up to 25% off each transaction profit we receive - 25% the highest industry standard. It is easy, you give the link to someone who has not signed up fo AlphaBay and when that person makes a purchase AlphaBay earns a commission (4%-2%). From that commission you get up to 25% regardless which vendor as long as it is escrow through our platform. Refer many friends, collect cashback!
• Autodelete Inactive Conversations - self-explanatory. To increase privacy and reduce servers load, messages are automatically deleted after certain period of inactivity. Works on Forum too.
• Vendor/Listing Report System - deeply integrated for quick staff decision taking. If your reports have been successful you will receive notification and increase in Trust Level.
• Warning Points System - allows ScamWatch and Staff to punish vendors or users who repeatedly do actions which are not allowed or which slow down processes. Useful feature for buyers to check on vendors profile to ensure they are dealing with a vendor who goes by the platform rules.
• Local fiat currencies - as a customer or vendor choose any fiat currency from the 15 of our selection USD, RUB, CNY, CAD, AUD, EUR, GBP, CHF, SEK, TRY, HKD, JPY, INR, BRL, MXN. As a vendor set any currency per listing and the customer can then see it in their own chosen local currency.
• Private Mirrors - available for vendors and buyers after they meet certain criteria.
• Direct Pay - you can now pay per order/invoice. No need for custodial wallet on our side pay into the escrow address directly while benefiting from a fixed price for your purchase for 6 hours
• Harm Reduction Program - we have the first proactive harm reduction program called 'Professional Drug Checkers'. Data from actual orders tested with reagent kits and/or laboratory results can be now found on all listings in the Harm Reduction Reviews tab
AlphaBay boasts with unparalleled safety, ease of use and arguably the best staff team to facilitate all your deals. From a management perspective you will be governed by a mature administration with over 20 years of experience in computer security alone, underground businesses, darknet market management, customer support and most importantly evading Law Enforcement (LE).
On the technical side we have a new built from the ground up secure and audited codebase, bulletproof servers alongside multiple safeguards to handle disruptions of any sorts (hardware, raids/seizures etc.) and our very own AlphaGuard (AG) system which assures users/vendors can access their wallet funds (including escrow) at any time on I2P/Tor as well as restore core functionalities to the marketplace such as disputes, all 100% completely automated.
Administration is the same as before but all staff members have been replaced for security reasons. Trusted members have been chosen to be moderators, people which I have verified through business dealings over many years. As AlphaBay grows, the need to hire more staff will arise, that is why we have introduced a granular system to monitor staff/ScamWatch actions, restrict access to lower level moderators (Junior) or ScamWatch to functions and data they do not need unless valid reason is provided (e.g. detecting scams, fake purchases etc.). Several big changes have been made to how Staff works, given our past experience, which leads to increased productivity and much faster response times in both support tickets and disputes.
Speaking of disputes, a unique innovation which we are bringing to the DNM scene is our very own Automatic Dispute Resolver (ADR) system. Based on experience we have concluded that majority of the disputes can be handled without third-party involvement given the option. ADR is basically a proposition system between buyer and seller involving extending escrow time, full refund, percentage refund or replacement options. Both parties can accept or deny proposition(s) from the other side.
We strongly recommend using ADR because it is exactly the same steps a moderator would take during a dispute without the need to babysit both parties. Even if you do not reach an agreement with the vendor, you would know where you stand or you would have tried certain options like reshipping/replacement of goods. The system has been designed to ensure quick resolution if needed by moderator by looking at what has already happened. If for some reason, at any given time ADR does not work for you and you can not reach an agreement or simply refuse to use it at all, there is always an available moderator to look into it in less than 24 hours.
• Vendor Shared Account Access - if you have been on AlphaBay previously as a vendor you would recognize this very useful feature. It allows adding more employees or partners reply as you, do your orders etc., without you needing to compromise account security.
• Discount System on Listings - Again familiar feature for those who knew us previously. Vendors can set discount percentages depending on the amount purchased. The system will automatically calculate and apply the discounts for the buyer.
• Clone Listings - an AlphaBay original feature which is useful for vendors to create copies of their existing offers with a single click.
• Autodispatch Listings/Automatic Selling - a feature which AlphaBay brought into the scene. Vendors can post hundreds of items (say data like credentials or cards) and once the buyer purchases it, it will automatically take that data and give it to the customer without any interaction required. Customers can purchase as many items as they want as long as the vendor has that many in stock in their autodispatch listing, the sale will go through.
• CC/Autoshop - another feature pioneered by AlphaBay which has become industry standard. Only vendors who have proven themselves on AlphaBay (vendor level 3 and trust level 3) will be allowed to sell on there. Regardless of your reputation we have to see your data and customer support is up to our standards. For those who sell in bulk you can use autodispatch until you build enough reputation and meet the minimum requirements. We want the shop to be quality products only.
• Search Results with Small Vendor Listing Chance - easy search system for everyone to use. The difference and why it is a feature is that even if certain category is filled with sticky listings for pages, new vendors can still get a place on there. For every 25 listings, there is a chance of 1-3 listings of non-sticky, level 1/2 vendor in that category to show. It is a small chance but it allows the small vendor to receive that first buy which might kickstart their vending career.
• Sticky Listings - well known feature which AlphaBay invented and now it is used in all other markets. You sticky your listing on top of your category, bypassing search results and giving more visibility to that product.
• Featured Listings - well known feature which AlphaBay invented and now it is used in all other markets. You bid for rounds (every 2 weeks) and if you win your listing is displayed at the homepage for 2 weeks before it switches to the next round. Perfect marketing opportunity for new and established vendors to get even more product views.
• 4%-2% Fee - all depending on vendor level. Fee structure rather than flat to reward vendors who use our escrow for longer time. Traditional Escrow/Finalize Early
• Force PGP communications option - the option is available for both vendors and buyers. When enabled all communication is forced to be PGP including buyer notes. Autoencrypt option disappears and if buyer/vendor is not posting a PGP encrypted message it is not allowed to be enabled. Vendors who enable this option also get higher ranking in search
In terms of community functions, in the marketplace, we have completely scrapped the formula for calculating user Trust Level (TL). TLs will now take into account a variety of account attributes without the need of collecting extra data not required by the core functions of the site. Trust Levels are both for buyers and vendors, each with a specific set of rules how they are measured but both are balanced with one another. Higher TLs may be required by vendors for buyers to view and buy their listings. For example a minimum of Trust Level 2 for buyers is required in order to see or buy the automated credit card/accounts autoshops and Trust Level 3 (and Vendor Level 3) for vendors is required in order to put up data for sell in the autoshop. Trust Levels work by forming a network of users who Trust or Distrust each other, depending on the individuals TL, the impact of clicking ‘Trust’ or ‘Distrust’ can be different for each individual. Other actions such as reporting listings, vendors and other website actions affect the Trust Level of the account positively or negatively depending if e.g. your reports have been true or too many have been false. If you put up too many fake reports you will have a warning point assigned to your account by moderators.
Warning points are used to moderate accounts who do not obey by the simple website rules. In the past we have seen multiple times users do the same thing over and over and over again without any consequences. It took many man hours to deal with few individuals who continued to do things which have not been explicitly disallowed but which affected negatively the productivity of staff. Too many warning points results in account limitation, if the violation is too severe an outright ban by assigning the highest number of warning points.
Privacy has always been important to us that is why all buyer profiles are private by default e.g. buyer information (feedback, feedback % positive, ratings/comments for user by other vendors etc.) is only disclosed to vendor when a buyer is making a purchase. The available information is shown before the vendor accepts the order and not after. Vendors are advised to leave their profile to public to enable customers to make a more informed decision.
ScamWatch is back so the most active users which help report scams and keep the marketplace clean can become part of it. ScamWatch will continue to have the same functions guarding users from scams, catching scams in their tracks, ensuring listings are truthful and vendors stick to their refund policies, review reports and relay important information to Staff etc. To increase drugs safety usage within AlphaBay as well as availability of more ‘pure products’, ScamWatch has a new extended function, through undisclosed methods and techniques, making sure vendor products are what they claim they are and are not fake/laced with fentanyl (banned) etc.
Referrals are available again. Perfect for those who have marketing skills/can spread the word or for vendors to get cash-back by referring their customers. We offer the highest rate in the industry up to 25% of our profits depending on TLs of the referred.
New marketplace categories like Services (programming, graphic design, remote administration, language translation etc.) and Automotive (hacking, parts, keys, exploits etc.) open the space for more opportunities for everyone involved.
For the majority our Forum will be run as before – it will dual between a place for vendors to interact with customers by advertising, replying in topics etc. and a place for having discussions related to hacking, fraud/carding, anonimity, malware/botnets, drugs safety, warez, making money online etc. From beginner tutorials to more advanced techniques about any topic we have it all. If you have been missing the old AlphaBay Forums you are in luck as you should find the same level of freedom of speech and expression as before.
Private sub-forums are back, this time extending to communities like hacking, carding etc. to replace the recent demise of famous underground forums. If you are a (very) advanced/elite individual and want to share a private discussion board with other members of your statue to exchange ideas, code, data or simply to do business, any of our private, vetted and verified members only sub-communities are for you. Namely the infamous VXcode – our private malware sub-community will be restarted with a few members already in who previously survived the raids and continued operating independently, all making the argument for such communities being stronger and more vital to the scene. To make the launch of VXcode even more interesting we will be dropping an updated source code of a famous banking trojan for everyone to enjoy as well as the story of how the feds tried to pin the creation of that malware on me.
As the Forum grows, language-specific sub-communities apart from the Russian available one will be created. Sub-communities follow website rules and can add additional rules/operating structures by their respective ‘community manager’. The long-term vision for such communities from the start when VXcode was launched, was to be sustainable enough that in the event of a raid/seizure it can recover. Large sub-communities can even setup their own dedicated forums hosted by members or community managers while maintaining presence on AlphaBay Forum.
What can you expect from Alphabay in the future?
• Set the ‘industry standards’ with our innovations as we did in the past and mold the future towards a more sustainable model. In addition we want to use our experience in counter-surveillance, counter-signal intelligence and operational security knowledge to teach users, vendors and future darknet admins what they could do to keep themselves and their lives free from Law Enforcement. Most of AlphaBays’ staff surviving the raids few years back is proof we know what we are talking about.
• Run the market longer at least 3 times as long as AlphaBay survived in the past.
• Give birth and fund through parts of our profits a new generation of decentralized marketplaces. Updated and many more details you can find in our Forum, an overview below.
• Decentralized Market Project - % from our profit funds the decentralized market project (ability for all markets to join/vendorshops). The next step in darknet marketplaces.